Sunday, August 22, 2010

Getting over the hump

Some days I have a hard time getting out the door to go ride. Some days that's more understandable than others.
This morning I woke to the sound of steady rain. I also knew that my best riding buds (& co-authors of this blog) were out of town. It seemed very likely that I'd be solo on our weekly Sunday breakfast ride. IF I went myself.
I think it was the 4th time I got up that finally stuck. Each of the three previous attempts resulted in my going back to bed, certain that I wasn't going.
On days when the conditions are more agreeable, by the time I've passed the second driveway, I know I've made the right choice: I'm on my bike, headed somewhere, and I'm right where I want to be. Having that past experience helped me over this morning's hump. I had to pass more than a few driveways before the rightness of my decision was apparent, but it was the right choice.
I was on my bike, headed somewhere, and I was right where I wanted to be.
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home